'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.' Philippians 4:13
Welcome to Year 6!
Our teacher is Mrs Hall and we are lucky to have Mrs Crofts as our teaching assistant.
Mrs Marland teaches us on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons.
Remember, it’s your final year at St Laurence's so let’s make it count by trying our absolute best in all that you do, be brilliant and resilient and continue to make lots of wonderful memories along the way.
Children will be given some learning activities to complete at home to help reinforce the work being covered in lessons and to provide the children with the opportunity to share and extend their learning with adults at home. This is given out on a Friday. Please return homework by Thursday.
Children in Year 6 will be given the following activities:
- Daily reading
- Weekly spellings to learn linked to our phonics sound of the week
- A piece of Maths work or MyMaths task
- A piece of Reading or Writing work
- Children can achieve stickers, team points and Dojo points.
- Children can achieve smiley faces for their work, for good effort in a lesson, outstanding behaviour, care and courtesy, helpfulness to others and for following the class rules. Each day the children who recieved the most Dojo points will choose a cushion to sit on for the next day.
- Children can also be nominated for the Friday worship stickers. Children can be nominated by any member of staff or welfare assistants. For outstanding effort or success children may be awarded the Superstar award where they will have the opportunity to sit on the "top table" with a friend of their choice.
Equipment (Please ensure all items are clearly named)
- School bag
- PE kit in a suitable bag: White T-Shirt, Blue or Black Shorts and Plimsolls. PE will be on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.No jewellery should be worn during PE. If children have pierced ears they will need have had them removed at home in order to participate in the PE lessons. Long hair should also be tied back for safety reasons. Please ensure that PE kits are in school and all items are named. If PE kits are not in school, unfortunately children will not be able to participate. Children are required to wear pumps for PE.
- Winter uniform: White or Light Blue Shirt or Blouse and Tie*, Long or Short Grey Trousers / Grey Skirt or Pinafore, Royal Blue Pullover or Cardigan
- Summer uniform: White or Grey Socks, Shoes or Sandals. Royal Blue/White Gingham Dress, Royal Blue or White Polo Shirt