'Tolerate the weaknesses of those in the family of faith, forgiving one another in the same way you have been forgiven.’ Colossians 3:13
Homework and Spellings
Homework will be given out on Friday and should be returned by the following Friday. It is vital the children attempt their homework, particularly Spellings, as it will aid their learning throughout the year.
We place a great emphasis on reading at St Laurence’s Primary School and feel it is very important that the children read every night. Reading record books should be signed by parents to indicate the page reached each evening. We aim to change reading books on Wednesdays and Fridays, so please ensure that books, along with reading records, are sent in to school on those days.
- Children can achieve stickers, team points and dojos
- Children can achieve dojos for their work, for good effort in a lesson, outstanding behaviour, care and courtesy, helpfulness to others and for following the Good to be Green class rules. The number of dojos are recorded for each child.
- Children can also be nominated for the Friday worship stickers. Children can be nominated by any member of staff or welfare assistants. For outstanding effort or success children may be awarded the Superstar award and children can also be nominated for our Writer of the Week award.
Equipment (Please ensure all items are clearly named)
- School bag
- Our PE day is Wednesday. Please could your child attend school in their full PE kit on Wednesdays. They can wear joggers/leggings and their school jumper also as the weather gets colder. No jewellery should be worn during PE. If children have pierced ears, earrings should be removed at home in order to participate in the PE lessons. Long hair should also be tied back for safety reasons. Children are required to wear pumps/trainers for PE.
- Winter uniform: White or Light Blue Shirt or Blouse and Tie*, Long or Short Grey Trousers / Grey Skirt or Pinafore, Royal Blue Pullover or Cardigan
- Summer uniform: White or Grey Socks, Shoes or Sandals. Royal Blue/White Gingham Dress, Royal Blue or White Polo Shirt *The ties are blue with a stripe (elasticated) for Early Years. (Both are obtainable from school.)