Environmental Review Score: 5 out of 6 (Green) (May 21) ► 5 out of 6 (Green) (Oct 21)
We do lots and lots of things in school to support children to make Healthy Living choices, but we also know that we need to keep reminding people as we see things slipping from time to time. Everyone is encouraged to have a water bottle in school so they keep hydrated and everyone knows it is only supposed to have water and not juice. At break and lunch we have healthy options for meals and snacks. We do a lot to support well-being and mental health issues, particularly in our PHSE lessons, and, as well as doing PE twice a week, all classes are encouraged to do the Daily Mile and we have after school sports clubs too. We grow food in school in our planters, but these do need some improvement as a really nasty weed keeps coming back and taking over.
- Gardening club to move and restore the planters, and consider a polytunnel so we can grow more food to share in school
- Plant fruit trees so we can eat our own fruit in school
- Investigate food waste at lunchtime and encourage children to eat the healthy part of lunch and not throw it away.
- Fruit trees on order and due to be delivered shortly (Nov 2021)
- First tree planted in the orchard with the Mayor of Chorley (Nov 2021)
Find out more here about how the Mayor of Chorley helped us to plant the first tree, an edible cherry tree, in the area allocated for the orchard.