‘Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.’
Welcome to Year 4!
Our teacher is Mr Knowles. Our teaching assistant is Miss Alcroft. Mrs Marland teaches us on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.
These are the days when we need to have extra things in school:
Wednesday and Thursday are our PE days.
Friday: Homework set on Seesaw, Spellings given and tested. Reading books handed in and changed.
PE - PE will take place on a Wednesday and Thursday afternoon.
Homework and Spellings
Homework will be given out on a Friday and should be returned by the following week. It is vital the children attempt their homework, particularly Spelling as it will aid their learning throughout the year.
We place a great emphasis on reading at St Laurence’s Primary School and feel it is very important that the children read every night. Reading record books should be signed by parents three times in a week to indicate the pages read. On Fridays, reading books will be checked, so books along with records must be in on this day.
- Children can achieve stickers and team points.
- Children can achieve smiley faces for their work, for good effort in a lesson, outstanding behaviour, care and courtesy, helpfulness to others and for following the class rules.
- Children can also be nominated for the Friday worship stickers. Children can be nominated by any member of staff or welfare assistants. For outstanding effort or success children may be awarded the Superstar award and children can also be nominated for our Writer of the Week award.
Equipment (Please ensure all items are clearly named)
- School bag
- PE kit in a suitable bag: White T-Shirt, Blue or Black Shorts and Plimsolls. PE will be on Thursday. No jewellery should be worn during PE. If children have pierced ears, earrings should be removed at home in order to participate in the PE lessons. Long hair should also be tied back for safety reasons. Please ensure that PE kits are in school and all items are named. If PE kits are not in school, unfortunately children will not be able to participate. Children are required to wear pumps for PE.
- Winter uniform: White or Light Blue Shirt or Blouse and Tie*, Long or Short Grey Trousers / Grey Skirt or Pinafore, Royal Blue Pullover or Cardigan
- Summer uniform: White or Grey Socks, Shoes or Sandals. Royal Blue/White Gingham Dress, Royal Blue or White Polo Shirt