Modern Foreign Language Intent
The core language taught at St Laurence’s Primary School is French. It is the intention that all children in KS2 will access first quality teaching of French in order to adequately prepare them for their high school .
Our aims in teaching a language are:
- To develop an interest in learning other languages.
- To introduce young children to another language in a way that is enjoyable and stimulating.
- To encourage children’s confidence and creative skills through the exploration of another language.
- To stimulate and encourage children’s curiosity about language.
- To help children develop their awareness of cultural differences in other countries.
- To develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- To lay the foundations for future language learning.