Pupil Premium 2014-2015
The amount of Pupil Premium Funding received in the year 2014-2015 was £21467.96
This funding was used as follows:
- Registration with Best Start at Astley and Buckshaw, which cost £4750 for the year. This enabled us to offer home support and parenting support to several families, some of which attract PP Funding. Parents report that they found the support useful in some cases; others have not yet taken up the offer.
- Our SENCO was given additional time and training, including opportunities to learn about management of Pupil Premium in order to improve our provision. This time and training amounted to £3420.
- One member of staff attended Skoog training, to enable us to make music provision more accessible to Pupil Premium children who have speech and language difficulties. The cost of this was £120.
- Counselling sessions have been provided, costing £810. Children reported that the sessions had helped them to cope better with issues which had troubled them.
- Educational Psychology assessment (barrier to learning and the likely potential for development). £560
- Two laptops and two ipads were purchased to support specific interventions such as AcceleRead. Impact will be measured as the children begin to use the system. £1000.
- The SENCO and a TA were trained in AcceleRead, costing £290.
- A wide variety of interventions were implemented by TAs. The total cost of these was £13613.
The total spent on our Pupil Premium children, therefore, was £24563.
The impact is available in more detail on application, but most of our children who are eligible for Pupil Premium funding have made good progress or very good progress. In 2014-2015 we had 17 pupils eligible for Pupil Premium funding.