'Treat everyone you meet with dignity. Love your spiritual family. Revere God. Respect the government.‘
1 Peter 2:17
Welcome to Year 3!
Our class teacher is Mrs Lawman and our teaching assistant is Miss Alcroft. Mrs Yates also works with us.
We aim to help every child make the jump from KS1 to KS2 as smoothly as possible. It is a big step for the children, more responsibilities but also so many opportunities to make the most of. Our mantra this year is
We can't do this...YET!
Our Golden rules are:
Try your best.
We hope you enjoy the year!
Good work and behaviour is rewarded in a variety of ways.
- The children can earn Golden tickets for excellent work.
- The children can earn glass pebbles to add to a class pot. When the pot is full we all get a treat!
- Children can achieve stickers and team points. Team points are available from all members of staff for superb behaviour.
- Children can achieve smiley faces for their work, for good effort in a lesson, outstanding behaviour, care and courtesy, helpfulness to others and for following the class rules.
- Children can also be nominated for the Friday worship stickers. Children can be nominated by any member of staff or welfare assistants. For outstanding effort or success children may be awarded the Superstar award and children can also be nominated for our Writer of the Week award.
Equipment (Please ensure all items are clearly named)
- School bag
- PE kit in a suitable bag: White T-Shirt, Blue or Black Shorts and Plimsolls. PE will be on Tuesday afternoons. No jewellery should be worn during PE. If children have pierced ears, earrings should be removed at home in order to participate in the PE lessons. Long hair should also be tied back for safety reasons. Please ensure that PE kits are in school and all items are named. If PE kits are not in school, unfortunately children will not be able to participate. Children are required to wear pumps for PE.
- Winter uniform: White or Light Blue Shirt or Blouse and Tie*, Long or Short Grey Trousers / Grey Skirt or Pinafore, Royal Blue Pullover or Cardigan
- Summer uniform: White or Grey Socks, Shoes or Sandals. Royal Blue/White Gingham Dress, Royal Blue or White Polo Shirt